Attracting, Retaining and Developing Tech Talent
[wpcol_1half id=”” class=”” style=””]While the overall national unemployment rate is still relatively high, the rate of unemployment for Information Technology professionals is at an all-time low. And for many specialized skills, demand is far outstripping the talent supply. So the race for Tech talent is steaming up with increasing concern among the top Tech employers about their ability to retain their best employees while salaries continue to rise. Marcia Heroux Pounds, Business Writer for the Sun Sentinel, who covers the employment beat, will lead a panel of subject matter experts representing different segments of industry on this very hot topic. Whether you are an employer competing for Tech talent, or an IT professional looking for your next career move, this session is for you. Some takeaways from this session include:
- Best practices for attracting the best Tech talent the market has to offer
- The most difficult skills to find in today’s IT market and typical salaries
- Hot technologies that are driving Tech hiring
- What the most successful employers are doing to retain top talent
- 2014 IT budgets and how they compare to previous years
- The top reasons employees leave their employers
- How the most successful job candidates position themselves to gain employment and build successful careers
- Troy Michels, CTO, Sentry Data Systems
- Deborah Vazquez, CEO, PROTECH
- Michael McLaughlin, Director, Talent Acquisition & Compliance, NextEra Energy
- Aric Agmon, President & CEO, AOD Software
MODERATOR: Marcia Heroux Pounds, Sun Sentinel Business Writer
PRE-EVENT DISCUSSION: Navigating the Affordable Care Act
We’ll address these issues as we help you deal with this confusing law:
- How do you determine whether your business needs to offer coverage and to whom?
- What type of coverage do you need to offer your employees?
- What are the associated penalties if your business is not compliant?
- What are the options to help you become compliant?
- What was delayed until 2015?
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Registration and Networking
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm Pre-Event Workshop on the Affordable Care Act by Trinet
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm: Attracting, Retaining and Developing Tech Talent Panel Discussion
- 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm: Meet the Speakers
- 8:30 pm – Conclusion
PARKING: Parking pass provided in registration confirmation email
[wpcol_1half_end id=”” class=”” style=””]
Have your logo on the pre-roll of June’s event video as SFTA offers this sponsorship to only one company. Sponsorship includes a display-table and 4 attendees. Use PROMO CODE: VIDEO to be this month’s Exclusive Video Sponsor.
SILVER SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE
Have your logo on the SFTA website advertising April’s event. Sponsorship includes a display-table and 2 attendees. SFTA will announce Silver Sponsors at the beginning of the presentation, and your Logo will appear on the presentation before the event. Use PROMO CODE: SILVER to be one of this month’s select Silver Sponsors.
[wpcol_1half_end id=”” class=”” style=””]Fees to Attend:
- Non-Member Registration: $55.00 per person
- SFTA Standard Member: $25.00 per person
- SFTA Premier Member: $15.00
- Students & Academia Memberships: $10.00 (must use .edu email address when registering)[/wpcol_1half_end]