The SFTA is looking for member-volunteers to be SFTA/vBeer site champions. We are also looking for sponsors of these great mixers for tech professionals. The Site Champion role entails:
- attending the selected monthly vBeers events
- driving attendance to those monthly events (event champions should build a list of past attendees for their event)
- coordinating with the SFTA/vBeers team (which will include John J. McLaughlin, Doug Saenz and all the Site Champions)
- representing SFTA to the venue host, making payments to host, handing out tickets to sponsors
finding alternative venues if needed (some Champions make choose to switch venues every month)
- driving sponsorships with the team
- printing name badges and handing them out at the event
- on-site registration (sign in form, collect business cards etc.)
- coordinating with event sponsors
- announcing event with details (will be done by the team)
- maintaining a recurring google calendar invitation for their event (advantage: people can be added to the recurring event without being able to see other invitee names)
- sending a “thank you” message to attendees with information about the event sponsors
- there can be more than one Site Champion for each of the 4 locations.
There will be a SFTA/vBeers coordination conference call twice per month.
Locations and Schedules
|Week of Month (Wednesday)||Location||Venue|
|1st||Palm Beach Gardens||Twisted Trunk Brewery|
|2nd||Ft. Lauderdale||Funky Buddha Brewery|
|3rd||Boca Raton||Biergarten Boca|
MIA Brewing (Kendall)
TBA in Downtown Miami
What About Sponsors?
|SFTA Member||Non-SFTA Member|
|Four Events||$540 = 4 @ $135||$720 = 4 @ $180|
The SFTA may choose to extend SFTA member prices to sponsors who are engaged in other sponsorships with the SFTA. For example, ITPalooza sponsors will be extended the SFTA member prices for three months before and three months after IPalooza. Some notes:
- Sponsors must choose the specific events they are sponsoring.
- Initially, there will be a limit of 4 sponsors per event.
- Payment is expected in advance of the sponsor’s selected event.
View the SFTA vBeers schedule.
Click here to sponsor an SFTA vBeers event, or a discounted vBeers 4-pack! After purchasing your sponsorship, email Douglas Saenz at email@example.com with the dates you are selecting.
About vBeers South Florida
vBeers was created to provide an opportunity for virtualization enthusiasts and IT professionals to meet and enjoy discussing all things virtualization and anything else in the world of tech. Initially launched in the UK, vBeers is now worldwide. John J. McLaughlin, Senior Enterprise Architect at Nexenta, is the vBeers Committee chair and has been running vBeers in South Florida since 2012. He joined SFTA this year and teamed with us to grow the events, provide value to the South Florida IT community and to expand the sponsorship opportunities for organizations doing business in South Florida.
About The South Florida Technology Alliance (SFTA)
The South Florida Technology Alliance (SFTA) promotes the growth, success and awareness of the regional technology community. Through events, networking, programs and education, we provide south Florida’s technology-related companies, academic institutions, entrepreneurs, governments and related organizations with an active forum to grow the business of technology in our region. We strive to provide our members and the region with a vibrant network of companies and tech professionals, influence on policy issues and a more connected and collaborative tech community. The SFTA considers the weekly vBeers events to be an important part of realizing its mission.