Quick 2010 Tech Facts:
- 2010: 24,900 high-tech establishments (SFTA is ranked 3rd nationwide)
- 2010: FL ranks #5 in high-tech employment (after CA, TX, NY and VA)
- 2010: High tech payroll of $18.6 billion (ranked 8th Nationwide)
- FL ranks #1 in computer training employment
- FL ranks #3 in Internet and telecommunications services employment
Source for all above information click here, 2010 are latest figures available.
- After CA, Florida places the most cities on “America’s Most Wired Cities” list
- Orlando ranks #4 and Miami ranks #6 (ahead of New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles)
Source for information click here.
The first Personal Computer (IBM PC) was created in Boca Raton, FL in 1981 by IBM
The first smartphone (IBM Simon) was also created in South Florida by IBM and released in1993 (sold by BellSouth)