In today’s hypercompetitive business environment the speed by which a company is able to innovate is critical to success. This means that many organizations can’t afford to rely solely on their own innovative capabilities or “reinvent the wheel” by duplicating existing technologies if they want to keep pace with their competitors with respect to innovation. This problem is made even more complex by the need to manage the tremendous risks associated with innovative activities. Because of this, more and more companies are turning to collaborative innovation.
Collaborative innovation is built upon the premise that companies should not “go it alone” when it comes to innovation, but instead should license intellectual property from other companies, academic institutions, customers, and even competitors. This form of collaboration allows companies to innovate by sharing both the risks and the rewards of innovation while also shortening the innovation cycle.
This month’s SFTA event dives more deeply into the issues and benefits related to collaborative innovation by bringing together a panel discussion featuring representatives from all spectrums of the collaborative innovation ecosystem.
- Andy Zynga, CEO, NineSigma
- Chris Fleck, VP Mobility Solutions, Citrix
- Gary Margules, Sc.D., VP of Research and Tech Transfer, Nova Southeastern Univeristy
The Collaborative Side of Innovation
NineSigma connects organizations with external innovation resources to accelerate innovation in private, public and social sectors. The company provides open innovation services to organizations worldwide, including GE, Siemens, Roche, Under Armour and Johnson Controls, to solve immediate challenges, integrate new knowledge, fill product pipelines, and stay ahead of the competition. NineSigma’s proprietary process has produced billions of dollars in value for its clients. NineSigma has the largest open global network of solution providers and an extensive database of existing solutions spanning numerous industries and technical disciplines. Learn more at www.ninesigma.com or www.ninesights.com.
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm: Registration and Networking
- 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm: Pre-event – The Collaborative Side of Innovation
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Panel Discussion – Collaborative Innovation
- 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm: Meet the Speakers
- 8:30 pm – Conclusion
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue, Davie, FL 33314
All events will be located in the Carl DeSantis Building on the campus of Nova Southeastern University
- The welcome and registration for the event will be located in the Entrepreneur Hall of Fame
- The networking session and vendor/sponsor showcase will be located in the Atrium
- The panel discussion will take place in the Knight Lecture Hall
Projected attendance based on the past 4 events will be approximately 100-125 professionals mainly in
the field of IT Management.
SILVER SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE
Have your logo on the SFTA website advertising this event. Sponsorship includes a display-table and 2 attendees. SFTA will announce Silver Sponsors at the beginning of the presentation, and your Logo will appear on the presentation before the event. Contact Doug Saenz for your Silver Sponsor promotional code to register.
Fees to Attend:
- Non-Member Online Registration: $55.00 per person
- Non-Member Day-of-event Registration: $65.00 per person
- SFTA Members: $25.00 per person
- Student Members: $10.00 (must use .edu email address when registering)