Limited Release of Advanced Detection Features
MILPITAS, CA – December 11, 2014 – Built around the Adaptive Defense™ security model for detecting, preventing, analyzing, and responding to advanced and unknown attacks against on-premise, remote, and mobile endpoints, the next-generation Endpoint Threat Prevention Platform greatly surpasses current endpoint security solutions. The first phase in this evolution begins with today’s announcement of a limited release of FireEye endpoint exploit detection.
Chief information security officers are currently challenged by several shortcomings in endpoint security, including the presence of multiple agents and signature-based detection. The FireEye next-generation Endpoint Threat Prevention Platform is designed to address these security challenges by offering:
- Proactive and adaptive security features for searching and sweeping endpoints in real-time as well as providing response capabilities.
- Industry-proven and highly scalable MVX™ technology powering endpoint threat detection.
- Advanced Threat Intelligence™ from FireEye DTI™ cloud and real-time feeds from FireEye network products, enabling real-time blocking of advanced attacker activities.
“Endpoint security offerings new and old have continued to rely heavily on legacy technologies that do not account for the fact that advanced threat actors can find ways around the best prevention tools,” said David DeWalt, chairman of the board and CEO, FireEye. “With the FireEye next-generation Endpoint Threat Prevention Platform, we are reimagining endpoint protection by leveraging our proven technologies deployed on millions of network sensors and endpoints around the world to detect and prevent advanced attacks. We believe this evolution will provide organizations with the endpoint security solution that the industry lacks.”
With advanced attackers using most malware only once and zero-day exploits continuing to rise, signature-based endpoint security offerings fall far short when dealing with advanced threats. In parallel, increasing mobility of traditional endpoints outside of the corporate network and significant growth in Android and iOS devices means a solution that does not account for these mobile endpoints is incomplete.
The FireEye next-generation Endpoint Threat Prevention Platform is designed to deliver several key benefits that go beyond traditional solutions to address advanced threats targeting endpoints in organizations of all sizes:
- Advanced Threat Detection and Prevention on traditional laptop endpoints outside the corporate network as well as Android and iOS devices.
- Threat Validation, Containment, and Remediation with automated workflow.
- Integrated Forensic and Investigation capabilities to identify and minimize the impact of the most advanced attackers.
- Unified Dashboard providing visibility across traditional endpoints, including mobile devices.
- Adaptive Defense approach providing on-demand security leveraging the full range of FireEye products and services.