Date Change – Thursday, January 26, 2017
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM – Check-in and Complimentary Breakfast
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Seminar and discussion
You are invited to join this exclusive SFTA seminar featuring two leading lawyers. Mark Grossman who is a internationally recognized technology law guru, keynoter and was the author Miami Herald’s weekly “TechLaw” column. Also speaking is Rebecca Gahete who is Associate General Counsel for South Florida’s very own $14.5 Billion enterprise – JM Family Enterprises.
Whether you buy or sell cloud and SaaS solutions, Mark and Rebecca will lead you through proven techniques to negotiate the best Cloud and SaaS deals for your company.
Enterprises of all sizes are now comfortable with SaaS and cloud solutions. However, SaaS and cloud deals raise many complex legal issues that need to be thoroughly negotiated and documented in agreements. In this session, lawyer, author and frequent speaker on negotiating cloud and SaaS deals Mark Grossman and Associate General Counsel for JM Family Enterprises will give you the benefit of what they have learned in their combined 50 plus years as tech deal negotiators. In this session, they will speak to the unique customs, usages, and norms of SaaS and cloud deals, and the particular provisions that are critical to agreements in this area. The discussion will include issues common to SaaS agreements including intellectual property, warranties, and limitations of liability.
Points to be covered include the following:
- Key provisions that should be included in every cloud and SaaS contract
- How limitation of liability clauses can emasculate cloud and SaaS agreements
- How do protect your data in the cloud
- How intellectual property provisions in SaaS agreements can be a trap for the unwary
- Strategies to keep SaaS agreements out of court
- Negotiating cloud and SaaS agreements that communicate the deal in clear, simple and unambiguous terms, reducing risk to the enterprise
- Mitigating Risk in the Cloud – Negotiating the Provisions Required in Every Cloud & SaaS Deal
Who Should Attend:
- Consultants involved with software, IT or outsourcing
- CIOs, CTOs
- Software and IT entrepreneurs
- High and mid-level software, IT or outsourcing executives
- Procurement professionals in the software, IT or outsourcing space
- Contracting professionals in the software, IT or outsourcing space
- In-house software, IT or outsourcing lawyers
- Law firm software, IT or outsourcing lawyers